Damascus, April 14, 2018
A statement has been released on the official website of the Greek Orthdoox Patriarchate of Antioch and All the East in regard to the attack carried out against Syria early this morning by the U.S., the U.K., and France. The statement, condemning the attack on behalf of the Greek Orthodox, Syrian, and Melkite patriarchs of Antioch, comes on the heels of His Beatiitude Patriarch John X’s personal statement condemning President Donald Trump’s threats of military action.
Aiuta con un piccolo contributo
con PayPal Bancomat o Carta di credito:
The statement reads in full:
God is with us; Understand all ye nations and submit yourselves!
We, the Patriarchs: John X, Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch and all the East, Ignatius Aphrem II, Syrian Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch and all the East, and Joseph Absi, Melkite-Greek Catholic Patriarch of Antioch, Alexandria, and Jerusalem, condemn and denounce the brutal aggression that took place this morning against our precious country Syria by the USA, France and the UK, under the allegations that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons. We raise our voices to affirm the following:
1. This brutal aggression is a clear violation of the international laws and the UN Charter, because it is an unjustified assault on a sovereigncountry, member of the UN.
2. It causes us great pain that this assault comes from powerful countries to which Syria did not cause any harm in any way.
3. The allegations of the USA and other countriesthat the Syrian army is using chemical weapons and that Syria is a country that owns and uses this kind of weapon, is a claim that isunjustified and unsupported by sufficient and clear evidence.
4. The timing of this unjustified aggression against Syria, when the independent International Commission for Inquiry was about to start its work in Syria, undermines of the work of this commission.
5. This brutal aggression destroys the chances for a peaceful political solution and leads to escalation and more complications.
6. This unjust aggression encourages the terrorist organizations and gives them momentum to continue in their terrorism.
7. We call upon the Security Council of the United Nations to play its natural role in bringing peace rather than contribute to escalation of wars.
8. We call upon all churches in the countries that participated in the aggression, to fulfill their Christian duties, according to the teachings of the Gospel, and condemn this aggression and to call their governments to commit to the protection of international peace.
9. We salute the courage, heroism and sacrifices of the Syrian Arab Army which courageously protects Syria and provide security for its people. We pray for the souls of the martyrsand the recovery of the wounded. We are confident that the army will not bow before the external or internal terrorist aggressions; they will continue to fight courageously against terrorism until every inch of the Syrian land is cleansed from terrorism. We, likewise, commend the brave stand of countries which are friendly to the Syria and its people.
We offer our prayers for the safety, victory, and deliverance of Syria from all kinds of wars and terrorism. We also pray for peace in Syria and throughout the world, and call for strengthening the efforts of the national reconciliation for the sake of protecting the country and preserving the dignity of all Syrians
IL TUO 5 per mille VALE MOLTISSIMO
per gli ultimi, per chi e' sfruttato, per difendere la vita
sul tuo 730, modello Unico,
scrivi il codice fiscale degli Amici di Lazzaro: 97610280014